Friday, October 16, 2009

Graduation Day For Charlie

Tonight at 7:00 PM, Charles William Littlejohn will achieve another milestone and graduate from Christian Fellowship High School in Benton, KY. Because he is still 17 years old, I am unable to go down to Benton; for if I do, I will violate the no-contact order implied by the McCracken Family County Courts. Charlie, if you are reading this, I am very happy for your accomplishment. I have been very proud of both you and Diane for sticking it out through the worst of situations. I can only hope that Richard and Shirley have taught you both some morals.

At the same time, I pray that they haven't turned you against me. I know that you and Diane have contact with your mother. For what reason, the Lord hasn't told me. If it was because I never did any service plans, it is because innocent people do not do service plans; and if I were to have done one, it would have implied that I was guilty of harming Diane. There have never been any charges brought up against me in the past 14 years regarding this. That being the case, the IL DCFS nor the KY Cabinet's DCBS have nothing on me.

I am hoping one day that you and Diane will together decide that you want to hear the truth and reconnect with me. I know that we can never relive the past 14 years, but we can start anew and make new memories. You and Diane are all I have. When I married Carol, I made sure that it was someone who did not have minor children living with her. Carol and I have long since parted our ways, and I have returned to Illinois to begin my search for you and Diane.

God has always made a way for me to find out where you and Diane are currently living, and I have been viewing you from afar. Remember what I used to say to you and Diane when I left from visiting you? When I am not here with you, I am with you in your heart. That applies even now. You and Diane are never really far away from me. Your absence from me has always driven me to find out where you are and how you are doing. I can almost feel your presence when I think of you. While I have not been there physically, my spirit has remained with you and yours with mine.

I am very happy for your accomplishments and hope that your grades have been good enough to go to a college or university. Nothing says that you have to go into music, but I do hope you and Diane still have a love for music and have kept away from any kind of music that is evil in nature. Not all music is bad music, but the music which would encourage you to do things that God would not have you do is what you need to avoid. I hope that we all can soon be together. In ten weeks you will be 18 years old, and I want you to remember what I put down for you on your 17th birthday so that you will remember this when you turn 18 in ten weeks from now:

Kentucky Revised Statute 2.015 – Persons of the age of eighteen (18) years are of the age of majority in this commonwealth except for the purchase of alcoholic beverages and for the purpose of care and treatment of children with disabilities, for which twenty-one (21) years is the age of majority, all statutes to the contrary notwithstanding. (Effective July 15, 1994)

History: Amended 1994 Ky. Acts ch 405, sec 1 effective July 15, 1994 Amended 1968 Ky. Ch 100, sec 1, effective June 13, 1968-Created 1964 Ky. Acts ch. 21, sec 1, effective January 1, 1965.

This means that you will be able to make your own decisions without the interference of anyone - even Richard and Shirley. You will be able to decide for yourself if you want to hear the truth or not. I pray that you will give me that chance to tell you my side of the story which Robert Clipper, your mother and her parents, and others have forbidden me to tell you for lo these many years.

I stand ready to show you information which will prove beyond a reasonable that I never did anything to Diane or to you. But you must clear your mind of all the negative things you have heard about me in order for you to understand what is in this information. You must clear your mind of all preconceived ideas regarding my actions toward you and Diane.

Remember that you have always trusted me to do the right thing. I want you to keep that trust, for it will serve you well down the road to the future. I may not have always had the right kind of job that would have given you the financial support you and Diane have always needed, but I appear to be in another rebuilding process. I am taking a distance-learning Computer Accounting course in hope to be able to use this when I do reenter the workforce.

Enjoy your graduation day, my son. May it be God's will that you, Diane, and I will all be together soon. Love, Dad