Thursday, October 15, 2009

Charlie's Senior Year Begins

I know I have put Charlie's picture up in other entires before, but this is special because it is his final year at Christian Fellowship High School in Benton, Kentucky. Now I have to wait 245 days, 1 hour, and 51 minutes before he graduates on May 17, 2008. Then I will have to wait another 99 days, 9 hours, and 15 minutes until he turns 18 on July 26, 2008.

In an earlier post I wrote on his birthday, I mentioned to him that he would become what the Kentucky Revised Statues call the Age of Majority (18) and that he would be able to make decisions for himself without interference from the Richs. The Richs are intent on keeping my children from me. The Illinois DCFS never alleged that I did anything wrong to my son, only to my daughter. To this day, no hard physical corroborating evidence backs that up; and as a result, my DCFS records were expunged in May 1999.

I believe that Charlie will be the one to understand that I never did anything wrong to Diane. It is he who will be instrumental in bringing Diane to me. Once the truth is known, they may hate their mother, but I will have nothing to do with bringing that about. They will do that on their own. I will - on the other hand - encourage them to love their mother, but hate the sin. If we must be Christ-like and to be as perfect (complete) as God is perfect, we must learn how to love the sinner and hate the sin.

Charlie, good luck in your last year. If your grades have been great, and your SAT and ACT test scores are good, you will get scholarships into whatever field you want to go into. You don't have to go into music - as I did - but you can be whatever you want to be - even if you do decide to major in music - if you just work hard in college. Keep your eye on Western Kentucky University, for that is where I went. If you do decide to go into music, drop my name to Leslie Lloyd, David Gibson, and Joe Stites, for they were in college when I was there. Also, drop my name to Dr. Mitzi Groom, the department head, for she has one of my email addresses.

Good luck, and work hard!

Dad